Investment Intern Private Equity
On a daily basis, our job is to seek the best private equity teams in the European market and invest together with them through tailored fund structures or direct co-investments. With this mindset, we have committed over €1.5bn of capital to Europe’s most successful small- and mid-market private equity teams and distinguished ourselves as the clear market leader in anchoring and creating first-time funds.
We have successfully incubated some of the best performing private equity teams across Europe and take an active role in defining investment strategies and growing solid investment firms. As a direct consequence of investing with emerging managers, we are actively involved in buyside processes of co-investments and therefore our role is a mix between being a fund investor and a direct buyout investor.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious student to join our Fund Investments Team (European coverage) for a period of 4 months up to 6 months. The position offers an opportunity for bright, creative and motivated individuals interested in interning within a highly successful and international private equity firm. Throughout the internship you will experience similar levels of exposure compared to a first-year Investment Analyst and you will be considered a full member of the team. Your tasks and responsibilities will comprise, but will not be limited to:
- Research and analysis of fund investment opportunities (primary and secondary) and co-investment opportunities, with an emphasis on strong performing fund managers
- Analyzing funds down to portfolio company level and assess market trends
- Supporting the preparation of investment memoranda and attending Investment Committee meetings
- Supporting fundraising by preparing presentation and marketing materials
NORD Holding has been investing in private equity over the past 50 years. The background of the firm is in direct buyout investments within the DACH region, which we still do to date with a dedicated in-house team. About 20 years ago we started a new team to focus on Fund Investments. The Fund investments team is comprised of people with a mix of backgrounds in direct investments, consulting, investment banking, and operational roles. We believe that this team mix is paramount in achieving our mission of superior risk adjusted returns.
In order to take well-balanced investment decisions, we employ a committed team of investment professionals from different career backgrounds, nationalities, and personalities in our office in the vibrant heart of Berlin. We value diversity and are looking to complement our team with people sharing the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Strong academic record (preferably in Economics, Business or Quantitative studies)
- Currently finalizing bachelor's degree or master's degree student
- A genuine interest in financial markets and private equity
- Integrity, creativity and team player
- Good computing skills (Microsoft Office)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English plus fluency in one additional European language required
- Previous banking or PE internship experience is required
When you recognize yourself in the described profile and you are interested in joining our team, then we look forward to receiving your CV:
NORD Holding Unternehmensbeteiligungsgesellschaft mbH email@example.com
When you recognize yourself in the described profile, then we would very much like to receive your CV and cover letter.
+49 511 270415 0
+49 511 270415 5