Direct Investments

NORD Holding acquieres Bilfinger Berger Shipbuilding Division

11.12.2006

Effective 01.01.2007 NORD Holding Unternehmensbeteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Hanover, is to acquire the R & M Ship Technologies Group from the Bilfinger Berger Group.

The Group specialises in fitting out not only luxury liners and yachts but also marine and cargo vessels as well as other maritime installations such as offshore oil rigs. In addition to basic products the product folio also includes turn-key passenger accommodation, standardised modules for technical facilities and patented heat, fire and noise insulation systems.

The heart of the Group is R & M Ship Technologies GmbH headquartered in Rostock and with offices in Hamburg, Bremen, Bremerhaven and Kiel. Additional companies are located in Rostock, Molde (Norway), Aalborg (Denmark) and Fort Lauderdale (USA). The homogeneity of the corporate management will be secured by a holding company specifically established for this purpose. It is expected to be located in Bremen.

NORD Holding has a 70 % stake in the holding company and CEO Joachim Buttke and his management team have acquired the remaining 30 %. This stake provides the management team with the opportunity if becoming more heavily involved than previously in driving the success of the company.

The Group, with a workforce of 260, will generate turnover of € 85 mil. in the financial year 2006. In future the Group is expected to grow overseas markets.

"The Group's international management team offers excellent preconditions for opening up new markets without neglecting its regular market", stated a NORD Holding speaker. In the process, acquisitions of companies with interesting products or specialist expertise in regional markets cannot be ruled out.

About NORD Holding

With its 50-year history and over € 2.0 billion assets under management, NORD Holding is one of the leading private equity asset managers in Germany with a focus on direct and fund investments.

The fund investments division targets the small- and mid-cap segment of the European private equity market through primaries, secondaries and co-investments.

NORD Holding has a strong focus on emerging buyout managers, hands-on investment strategies and regularly acts as an anchor investor. The division manages € 1.3 billion and ranks among the top decile fund investment groups in Europe.

The direct investments division of NORD Holding focuses on structuring and financing company succession models, acquiring parts of larger groups/subsidiaries as well as on expansion financing of medium-sized companies. In contrast to most other financial investors, who only manage closed-end funds, NORD Holding acts as a so-called "evergreen fund", thereby investing from its own balance sheet with no maturity restrictions. Currently, the fund has interests in more than 15 companies in the DACH region.

All News

Press Contact

If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us.

Address

NORD Holding
Unternehmensbeteiligungsgesellschaft mbH
Christiane Lukas
Walderseestraße 23
30177 Hannover

Email

lukas@nordholding.de