Investment Analyst / Associate
NORD Holding has a long-term commitment to private equity investing across different types of strategies including direct, co-investments and fund investments (primary and secondary). This role will particularly focus on reviewing and executing fund investment and direct co-investment opportunities, with a special focus on creating new private equity teams (GPs) in Europe. Our approach targets GPs which are strategy/industry focused, entrepreneurial and operational to generate the best returns for our investors.
In order to add value as the majority investor or largest institutional investor in emerging managers, our role is a hybrid between a fund investment approach and a direct investment approach. This means that we are very actively involved in assessing and supporting the execution of investment strategies at GP level, while as a co-investor we are actively involved in the buyside process at target company level.
The position is based in Hanover with an option to have 1 or 2 home office days a week - enabling commuting from Berlin or Hamburg. Additionally, as we cover the European market, it is expected that you will travel 10-20% of your time.
- Sourcing, research and analysis of fund investment opportunities (primary and secondary), with a strong emphasis on emerging fund managers
- Sourcing, research and analysis of co-investment opportunities for our successfully raised co-investment fund
- Analyzing portfolio’s up to portfolio company level within the fund investments and assess trends in the markets
- Managing relationships with leading private equity managers
- Managing the portfolio in terms of: performance monitoring, AGM attendance and challenging managers on key advisory topics
To support our investment approach, we ask commitment from our employees and a personality and character that is aligned with the GPs we invest in. Qualified candidates typically possess a combination of the following skills/traits:
- A genuine interest in financial markets and knowledge of private equity
- Strong international academic records
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Great commercial judgment
- Dynamic entrepreneurial personality with strong communication skills
- Integrity, creativity and team player
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English plus fluency in one additional European language required
- 1-4 years’ work experience in investment banking, strategy consulting or direct private equity
When you recognize yourself in the described profile, then we would very much like to receive your CV and cover letter.
+49 511 270415 0
+49 511 270415 5